- Special Districts: Following the money in the most mysterious government agencies.
- How to spot a highway boondoggle in the wild.
- The consumer impacts of medical debt collection.
- Shining Cities 2017: Driving the growth of solar energy from the local level.
- New report: Pervasive air pollution in 2015.
- The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative: How far we’ve come, how far we could go.
- Can anybody tell us how many people are riding transit?
- The burden of choice: On buying squash in the grocery store.
- Expecting obsolesence.
- The built environment, VMT and climate: from tactics to strategy to vision.
- Yesterday's technologies, forever: The fight to keep america dependent on fossil fuels.
- An environmentally-friendly way to reduce flooding and improve water quality in Texas.
- The pollution that unites us.
America spends tens of billions of dollars each year on wasteful highway projects that are unnecessary or damaging to our communities - even as crying needs for road maintenance and better transportation options go unmet. Highway Boondoggles 3 examines nine dubious highway projects from around the country, costing more than $10 billion, that will do little to address real transportation needs. For images and more, visit U.S. PIRG's slideshow.
In Medical Debt Malpractice: Consumer Complaints About Medical Debt Collectors, and How the CFPB Can Help, a review of consumer complaints submitted to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau reveals that problems with medical debt collection are widespread and harm Americans across the country, including many who never owed in the first place.